Thursday, December 23, 2021

Things I'm Thankful For (Covid Addition)

 Instacart

I panicked when the positive test came back.  I immediately went to Instacart and had essentials delivered.  I keep a pretty stocked pantry, but we are not pop drinkers (soda for those of you outside of Ohio) and I was worried about the sickies having food and medicine.  So gingerale, chicken soup, extra bread for toast, and acetaminophen were ordered via Instacart and delivered within 2 hours.

Giant Eagle Curbside

I had a lot of what I needed for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day dinners, but there were some things that I wanted to buy the week of Christmas.  And then there's the extra toothbrushes (because they will need to change those out) and baking items that I forgot I needed.  I use Giant Eagle pick up during non-covid diagnosis, but it's really come in handy now.  And Dear Giant Eagle, I have added to this pick up eleventy thousand times this week, so you are welcome for the 5 million dollars I'm spending.

Peloton App

I found the Peloton app during the quarantine of 2020, but I didn't want to pay to exercise (I do not have a Peloton tread or bike...  but I'd love one).  But a month after the new year, I realized I missed this app so much that I subscribed and have no regrets. After the Covid diagnosis, I don't want to leave the house to go to the gym, so I've been using my app even more to get the exercise I need.  

Online Church

Yes, we are now back to not going to church (at least for the next couple of weeks).  I am so glad for our local churches that post their masses on YouTube.  If I can't be there, I'm blessed to at least be able to receive a spiritual communion and watch mass on TV.

Bible In A Year Podcast With Father Mike

I'm on day 355.  This is not new.  This podcast has been a blessing to me all year.  But right now, I need it a bit more than ever.  God's word soothes the soul.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christmas Decorating: Using What YOU Have and Leaving The FOMO Behind

photo from Decorators Warehouse  I love decorating for Christmas.  You know that.  And usually I'm ok with my decorations.  Could I have...