Monday, May 6, 2019

Spring Has Sprung!

We had a super mild winter this year, but it still seemed to last forever! Even though we had very little snow, the cold and gray really got to me. The older I get, the more the dreary weather takes a toll. We are now into spring and even though it's been raining cats and dogs, the green leaves, warmer temperatures, and peaks of sunshine seem to calm my spirit.

We Catholics are celebrating the Easter season.  I had big plans for Lent.  Some of the things I wanted to do, I managed to accomplish.  Others, well, not so much. But I'm taking some good stuff from Lent and keeping it going throughout the year.  No one is perfect, right?

School will be done in a few weeks.  Next year we will have a high school senior, a high school sophomore, and a first grader.  I do believe the saying is true.  The days are long, but the years are short.  When I first started blogging (on my old blog) I had a preschooler and a two year old.  Where do the years go?

I hope to have a semi relaxing summer.  We will only have one boy in baseball this year as the oldest boy had shoulder surgery 7 weeks ago and will sit this season out.  I'm hoping that gives us more time to so some fun family stuff.  Not that living at the ball field isn't fun.  I love watching my boys play ball (because both of them truly love it), but that doesn't leave much time for anything else.

I haven't started yard work or gardening yet, but I have started spring cleaning. I have a check list and am hoping to knock most of it out in the next few weeks before school ends.  I've also done some freezer cooking so I have a number of meals ready to go on game nights.  And I will use my slow cooker as usual too.  I do love my slow cooker!!  I also have a pressure cooker (from Aldi).  I like using it too.  I use it mostly for shredded chicken or stews, but I'm sure I'll be able to put it to good use this summer too.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Christmas Decorating: Using What YOU Have and Leaving The FOMO Behind

photo from Decorators Warehouse  I love decorating for Christmas.  You know that.  And usually I'm ok with my decorations.  Could I have...