Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Meal Planning: Week of 1/8 thru 1/14/2021

 We are only a family of five but I feel like I spend a lot of time buying food, prepping food, finding recipes, and cooking food. The only way I can keep everything straight is to meal plan.  I usually start doing this on Tuesdays by getting recipes together and figuring out what stores I will need to shop.  Because of the pandemic, I do a lot of pick up orders. Most of the stores didn't have a pick up option before Covid, but now that I've been doing it for a while, I prefer it to actually going into the store. 

I skipped doing any exercise this morning so that I could meal plan for next week and schedule my pick up order for Friday.  My meals plans usually run Friday-Thursday since my shopping day is typically on Friday.  


Cookbooks I used for next week's menu

Fridays are meatless at our house.  I try to make Saturday something fun.  And Sundays are comfort meals.  Usually Tuesday is something Mexican.  And every other day is just what works for that particular day.  We are not in sports season right now, but when we are, I plan many more meals that utilize the slow cooker.

This weeks menu was as follows:

Friday:  Fish, rice, and vegetables (ended up being Barramundi, rice, and steamed broccoli)

Saturday:  Chicken Lettuce Wraps from the Make It Fast, Cook It Slow cook book and left over rice

Sunday:  BBQ Pulled Pork from the same cook book.

Monday:  Left over BBQ Pork and Chicken Lettuce Wraps

Tuesday:  Quick Cajun Dirty Rice from Gwen's Nest

Wednesday:  Taco Bake from Spaceships and Laser Beams.  I will sub corn tortillas for the flour tortillas in the recipe so that this will be allergy friendly for our family.

Thursday:  Chicken Tortilla Soup from Baked By Rachel

Lunch is left overs, deli meat sandwiches, or salads
The only one who eats breakfast is the eight year old and he usually has pancakes, waffles, fruit smoothies, yogurt or toast.  I made a few Egg Cups last week for me to have at lunch, but he wanted to try them and he really liked them.  He normally does not like eggs so I was excited that he ate them.  I made him scrambled eggs this week and he was not a fan.  So I hope to make more egg cups this weekend for his breakfast next week.  I used to participate in Menu Plan Monday on Orgjunkie.com but I got out of the habit.  I hope to get back into it for 2021.  It helps keep me organized.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christmas Decorating: Using What YOU Have and Leaving The FOMO Behind

photo from Decorators Warehouse  I love decorating for Christmas.  You know that.  And usually I'm ok with my decorations.  Could I have...