Monday, February 20, 2023

Meal Plan 2-17-23 to 2-23-17: Feeding The Family

 Happy Soon To Be Lent!  Lent starts Wednesday (although my husband starts today).  We have 3 meatless days this week.  Friday, Monday, and Ash Wednesday (fast and abstinance).  I have my plans for Lent and I will share them in a separate post. 

Valentine's Day was nice.  Since it was Tuesday, we kept it pretty low-key.  Candy was had by all.

One month until the big boys come home for spring break.  My grocery budget is already crying 😢 😂 .  

Wishing you all a happy, fruitful lenten season.


Menu Plan:



Friday: Red and White Mostraccioli from the Food Nanny



Saturday:  Hot Dogs and Hamburgers with frozen fries (tried to be kid friendly for a sleep over the 10 yr old had)



Sunday:  Left Overs

Monday:  Salmon, sweet potato, and Brussels Sprout sheet pan



Tuesday:  BLT's (we normally do Shrove Tuesday, but we just had pancakes for dinner 1.5 weeks ago)

Wednesday:  Crustless veggie quiche and hash browns

Thursday:  Steak Tacos

and I'm throwing Friday on here because I've already got that planned

Friday:  Soup Supper at our church after Stations of the Cross.  I'm bringing slow cooker cream of potato soup and bread.

I love soup supper at our church.  It's a several people who make simple soup and they usually have bread or rolls (and Mac n Cheese for kids).  It's a simple meatless meal for Fridays during Lent and it also helps to bring our church community together.  This is the first time it's back at our parish since Covid.

Have a blessed week ahead!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christmas Decorating: Using What YOU Have and Leaving The FOMO Behind

photo from Decorators Warehouse  I love decorating for Christmas.  You know that.  And usually I'm ok with my decorations.  Could I have...