Monday, March 13, 2023

Meal Planning: 3-9-23 to 3-18-23: Feeding the Family

 Hello Friends!  I hope you are well.  I have been feeling very overwhelmed lately, so blogging went to the back seat.  Meal planning has been going on, and the family has been eating.  All is well here.  I've been busy.  Sometimes during Lent, I think I take on too many things. But I'm moving along and just putting all things into perspective. 

The boys will be coming home from college this Friday.  I.am.so.excited.  Don't tell them that mom misses them, or they will take advantage of that when they come home.  I have been trying so hard to get my grocery budget under control, but with them coming home, it's going to be out of control.  I just have to put it in perspective.  I don't mind spoiling them with good food while they are here (summer break will be a different story, because it will be for several months).  These boys (really men) will not be under my roof much longer, and mama wants to feed them.  Feeding people is my love language.  So I have a meal plan set for when they are home, but I have a meal plan for next week before they come home.


This weeks meal plan:



Fri:  Soup Supper At Church   Our water system broke and we had no water.  I had a repair man come out, and that didn't work, so I spoke with an after hours repair man that helped me get my water working again (and he saved me the $250 emergency fee), but our water is seriously orange (heavy iron content...do not look at my sinks or toilets right now) because we had to by pass our iron filter.  Friends, just know that having well water is not an easy thing.  They will come Monday to try and fix all the things.  We did not make it to soup supper, so Mrs. T's potato and cheese pierogi from the freezer saved our meatless, Friday dinner.  Yay Freezer Stash.




Saturday:  Well this went in a whole other direction.  I planned on One Skillet Creamy Chicken, but the 10 year old had a friend over and by 4 pm they were starving.  I was not home all day and hubby had the kids.  He called me to say they were hungry and M's friend is a super picky eater and wasn't interested in anything he offered ( including potato chips...God Bless You, Kid). So I picked up pizza on my way home and we were just not hungry for dinner.

Sunday:  One Skillet Creamy Chicken.  Chicken thighs, Veggies, and Mushrooms in a cream sauce.  



Monday:  Potage - This is a French Veggie Soup and I will serve it with bread (meatless Monday)

Tuesday: Slow Cooker Cheesy Chicken Quesadilla 

Wednesday:  Red Beans and Rice With Chicken Sausage

Thursday:  Clean up or Egg Roll in a Bowl

Friday:  Soup Supper (and I'm making Cream of Potato Soup so we HAVE to go).  Yes, it's St. Patricks Day.  Our Bishop gave us a dispensation for eating meat "if you must".  We do not need to eat meat.  It is not a "must" for us, so we will be keeping Meatless Friday.

Saturday:  St. Patricks Day Feast:  Slow Cooker Corned Beef, potatoes, and veggies.  (THIS is the day we will have our St. Pat's meal) - rye bread and Swiss cheese for sandwiches.


This weeks meal plan goes a bit longer because I already know what we will have the next few days.  Thursday 3-9-23 I did a meal train meal of slow cooker corned beef, mashed potatoes, St. Patricks Cheese Soup, and honey glazed carrots for my church family.  Please keep them in your prayers.  Mom is traveling to a specialized clinic Monday and Tuesday and we are praying that they have a plan for her to keep her healthy (ALS is such an insidious disease).


I hope you are having a blessed Lenten season.  I pray that you have a blessed week ahead!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Christmas Decorating: Using What YOU Have and Leaving The FOMO Behind

photo from Decorators Warehouse  I love decorating for Christmas.  You know that.  And usually I'm ok with my decorations.  Could I have...