Tuesday, January 16, 2018

School's Back In Session

The boys went back to school today.  I think the older one was relieved, but the younger two were not thrilled.  It's so cold here though.  Part of me is glad that they don't ride the bus so they don't have to stand out in this weather, but part of me wishes they did, so I didn't have to go out in this.  My husband dropped them off this morning on his way to a business trip.  That extra hour in the morning was nice and I was able to get so much more done.  There are days I think that I should have them ride the bus, but then I think of all the time I wouldn't get to spend to with them and all the talks and sing-a-longs we would miss.  I'll be honest, I wouldn't miss all the fighting though.  But I'm sure one day I will.

These boys fight and bicker like nobodies business.  I think the older two are close in age and are posturing for the position of Big Dog.  I think the little one thinks he needs to jump in to secure is place in the family.  I also think he wants to be the Big Dog.  All this testosterone has me completely outnumbered.

I pray this prayer every morning:

Prayer For Peace In Our Family

Lord Jesus, be with my family. Grant us Your peace and harmony, an end to conflict and division. Gift us with compassion to better understand each other, wisdom and love to assist each other, and trust and patience to live peacefully together. Grant that through the intercession of your mother, Mary, and St. Joseph, our family may become a holy family accepting each other, working together in unity, selflessly dedicated to one other and to You. Amen.

And some days I think I should find a prayer for my sanity too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christmas Decorating: Using What YOU Have and Leaving The FOMO Behind

photo from Decorators Warehouse  I love decorating for Christmas.  You know that.  And usually I'm ok with my decorations.  Could I have...