Monday, February 15, 2021

Menu Plan Monday: February 15, 2021



 Happy Monday!  I hope you had a wonderful Valentine's Day.  This weeks menu got turned around a little bit due to the Hubby surprising me with sushi on Saturday night.  I've been wanting sushi for weeks, and he thought that it would make a good Valentine's Day surprise.  And it did.

Friday:  gluten free pasta with nut free pesto; rolls

Saturday:  Sushi and charcuterie (should have been beef stew)

Sunday:  Steak, au gratin potatoes, streamed asparagus

Monday:  Beef Stew - instead of the instapot, I'll be using my new slow cooker.

Tuesday: Shrove Tuesday :  Pancakes, home fries, and bacon (I also ordered some paczki from a local bakery).  It's sure to be a FAT Tuesday.

Wednesday:  Ash Wednesday - The beginning of Lent  This is a day of strict fast and abstinence.  
Dinner only:  French Lentil Soup from Twelve Months of Monastery Soups: A Cookbook

Thursday:  Poor Man's Meal from Great Depression Cooking with Clara on YouTube  You can also find this recipe in Clara's Kitchen: Wisdom, Memories, and Recipes from The Great Depression

Breakfast/Lunch/Extras:

Egg Cups:  I made some with whole eggs and some with egg whites only

Sweet Pepper salad (similar to this one).  I used a recipe from Trim Healthy Table Cook Book


Happy Eating!  Have a wonderful and blessed week.

Visit Menu Plan Monday at Orgjunkie.com for more recipes and menu planning tips.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Christmas Decorating: Using What YOU Have and Leaving The FOMO Behind

photo from Decorators Warehouse  I love decorating for Christmas.  You know that.  And usually I'm ok with my decorations.  Could I have...