Sunday, April 24, 2022

Easter, Spring Break, and so much more!

 Last week's Easter Sunday was really nice.  I will never take being able to go to church for granted again.  Last Easter was our first holiday back in church since Covid and I will never forget the feeling of churches being closed.  Our church wasn't as crowded as it usually is, but it was still quite crowded and decorated beautifully.  Easter dinner was the usual treats.  We had ham (Honeybaked), Delmonico potatoes, bacon wrapped green beans, 4 types of sausage (smoked Slovenian, smoked kielbasa, fresh kielbasa, and fresh Hungarian), and gluten free chocolate pudding pie for dessert.  The oldest came home from college for a few days and it was nice to have him with us.  But it's such a long drive just to be home for 48 hours.  Since the middle son will be at the same college next year, we are thinking that we may just drive down there instead of the boys driving up here.  But we'll see.



Baskets being blessed at church

We always have two baskets.  Too much food.







The two younger boys were on spring break last week, so it was a busy, yet relaxing week.  The little guy had baseball practice, he read to a horse again through our local library system, and I took him to the zoo.  They only have around a month of school left, but no one wants to go back (I'm sure the teachers are included).




I've also been planning the middle son's graduation party, ordered his senior pictures, and designed and ordered his announcements.  And I even started to purchase some of the things he will need for his dorm room.  It's a lot, but it's all good stuff.  Tomorrow is back to school, and we need to finish out this school year strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christmas Decorating: Using What YOU Have and Leaving The FOMO Behind

photo from Decorators Warehouse  I love decorating for Christmas.  You know that.  And usually I'm ok with my decorations.  Could I have...