Sunday, April 24, 2022

Weekly Meal Plan 4/22/22 to 4/28/22: Feeding the Family


 Last week was a lot of leftovers.  I'm cooking again, but I'm reluctant.  I miss leftovers.  But these people need to eat.


Friday:  Left over Mississippi Chicken and potatoes from Thursdays dinner.


Saturday:  Turkey Egg Roll in A Bowl (hot dogs for the kids that don't like cabbage)


Sunday:  Buffalo Chicken Caesar Wraps and melon: (chicken thighs sprinkled with Emeril's Essence and grilled, dredged in Primal Kitchen Buffalo Sauce [and yes, I get mine at Costco]. And I also picked up an Earthbound Organic Caesar salad kit at Costco.  Layer your wrap with salad, chop up a cooked and sauced chicken thigh and add it to the top of the lettuce.  I added some dressing and cheese that came with the salad kit to ours and left it off J's since the dressing contains egg.  Roll you wrap and eat).  Very Yummy!




Monday:  One Skillet Chicken and Broccoli Dinner

Tuesday:  Turkey Tacos

Wednesday:  Grilled Chicken Salad

Thursday:  Clean up or Poor Man's Meal

I also made a veggie soup for lunch this week:

2 leeks
1 tbs olive oil
2 stalks of celery
1 carrot
1/2 yellow onion
1 carton (4 cups) of vegetable broth
spices (I used garlic, parsley, herb de Provence, salt and pepper)

Clean your leeks (How to clean leeks)

chop up your celery, carrot, onion and sauté in 1 tbs of olive oil until slightly softened

add in cleaned and sliced leeks and garlic

sauté 3 minutes more

add in broth and spices

cook on medium heat for 20 minutes

It's a completely plain soup.  But that is what I want.  Not a lot of fat.  No cheese or cream.  I just wanted a light soup to pair with a salad to get me through the week.



Baseball games should have started this week.  But due to an inordinate amount of rain, the games were cancelled.  I am going to have to adjust my menus once baseball starts.  It's hard to cook prior to the games but it's no fun eating dinner between 9-10 at night.  On week nights, I might make sub sandwiches and take them with us, but many games are on meatless Fridays and my people will not eat veggie subs.  Baseball season always adds an extra step to the weeks menu.  But I've been doing this for years, so I will figure it out.

What are you cooking this week?  Do you have anything that makes it hard to keep up with your menu?  

Have a Blessed Week Ahead!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christmas Decorating: Using What YOU Have and Leaving The FOMO Behind

photo from Decorators Warehouse  I love decorating for Christmas.  You know that.  And usually I'm ok with my decorations.  Could I have...