Monday, October 17, 2022

Meal Plan 10/14 to 10/20/22: Feeding the Family

 Hi all!  Happy mid-October!  Football ended last Sunday.  Unfortunately, the boys lost their final game and that took them out of any playoff contention.  We have no sporting events this week.  But basketball will be starting the beginning of November, so the reprieve will be a short one.  Such is life with kids.  

My goal right now is to stock up our freezer while trying to get our grocery budget in check. This is not an easy task, but I'm working on it.  I'm trying to get an organized database of our favorite, most used recipes and a grocery list to go along with them.  This is something that will take time, but I think it will help me be more organized.  Stay tuned for progress updates.  

This Sunday is trunk or treat at the school.  But that's all we have scheduled right now.  I would like to take the young one to get his pumpkin to carve, so maybe we will do that on Saturday after trunk or treat.  The weather has been absolutely gorgeous here.  I know it won't stay that way, but I'm soaking up every last bit of it.  





This week's menu plan:

Friday:  Clam Chowder (moved from last week's menu plan):  I had a lot of left-over lunch meat, so I changed last week's menu plan around.  I also had an unfortunate incident with the stew meat (you cannot leave meat on the counter all night and use it the next day.  Oy.  I can't believe I did that).  




Saturday:  Sausage and pepper bake.  I need to use the rest of the peppers from the garden.  




Sunday:  Salisbury Steak, potato, and veg



Monday:  Food Nanny's Chicken Soup, rolls (from the Food Nanny Saves Dinner Again Cookbook)


Tuesday:  Low Carb Mexican Casserole with coconut lime rice





Wednesday:  Quiche and hashbrowns






Thursday:  Clean-up Day

Baking:  The Ultimate Healthy Banana Muffins from The Ambitious Kitchen


We are trying to cut sugar out of the young one's diet.  He's been on a cookie and milk kick and eating too much Halloween candy.  The muffin recipe above is low in sugar.  It uses honey instead of regular sugar.  I have recipes that use alternative sugars (like Stevia) but I'm just not sure I want to use that with him.  I've read conflicting data on safety, so I prefer to stick with honey, maple syrup, or low amounts of sugar.  


Speaking of too much Halloween candy, the school had Trunk or Treat on Saturday.  He cleaned up.  I will have to dole this out.  




Have a blessed week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christmas Decorating: Using What YOU Have and Leaving The FOMO Behind

photo from Decorators Warehouse  I love decorating for Christmas.  You know that.  And usually I'm ok with my decorations.  Could I have...