Monday, October 3, 2022

Menu Plan 9/30 to 10/6: Feeding the Family

 Happy October!!  I cannot believe it's October already.  The "Ber" months seem to go so quickly to me.  I really want to enjoy October and all its beauty.  It's one of my favorite months.  The weather can be cool, or it can be Indian Summer.  The leaves are spectacular.  October usually has the best combination of warm sun and cozy cool.  And on a side note, I saw my first Christmas commercial on October 1st.  It made me laugh.  Too Soon?  Yes, too soon.

I have all of my Halloween decorations up.  I managed to get that done Friday.  I ordered a new Halloween candle Saturday evening and I hope it gets here soon.  I wasn't going to do it, but I just couldn't help myself.  

I know that I said that last week was the final week of the little guy's football, but the joke is on me.  They added another week.  So, THIS week will be the final week of football (at least I hope so). The oldest was home this weekend for a power lifting competition.  He got 3rd in his weight class.  We are very proud of him and all his hard work.  I feel so blessed to have him home.  I miss my big boys. The Middle stayed at school, but then went to Ohio State over the weekend to visit friends and go to the football game.  He seemed to have a good time.  I'm so glad that he is enjoying college.  He's acclimated very well.




 


The following is this week's menu:

Friday:  Slow Cooker Mac and Cheese (from @brunchwithbabs on Instagram) and the rest of the bag of fish sticks from last week.




Saturday:  Hamburgers and turkey dogs on the grill Ore Ida French fries




Sunday:  Pearl's Chili
This chili is fast (only takes an hour from start to finish) but it is so good.  It's from the Trim Healthy Mama Cookbook.  I tried to find the recipe online to share with you, but I could only find a half plagiarized one.  I don't specifically follow the THM plan at the moment, but it is really good, and that cookbook is amazing whether you follow the plan or not.  And you can always check it out at the library.

Monday:  Quiche Lorraine and hash browns.
I haven't actually made a quiche for the family before (the middle sons egg allergy made it unsafe).  I really hope they like it.





Tuesday:  Sheet Pan Taco Chicken Fingers



Wednesday:  Grilled footlong turkey and bacon sub and homemade coleslaw





Thursday:  Clean Up Night    Egg Roll In A Bowl and Slow Cooker Beef Stew for a church family





I did another Walmart pick up this week.  It's just too easy.  I wish my area had the delivery option.  I would totally pay for that.  But we are rural, so we don't have that yet.  I took Daisy with me for the first time, and although she doesn't look thrilled in the photo, she actually loved it.




Thank you for checking in!  I hope you have a blessed week ahead.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christmas Decorating: Using What YOU Have and Leaving The FOMO Behind

photo from Decorators Warehouse  I love decorating for Christmas.  You know that.  And usually I'm ok with my decorations.  Could I have...