Wednesday, August 16, 2023

Changing Out Some Seasonal Decor

 If you know me, you know that fall is my favorite season.  I love everything about it.  But, the older I get, the less happy I am to see summer go.  Winter here in Ohio can be harsh.  January and February are some very long months for me.  I'm not looking forward to them.  So although I love fall, I'm not ready to decorate for it yet.  I just want to enjoy the season I'm in.  The "red, white, and blue" tree was starting to wear thin on me.  I love the patriotic decorations, but they've been up since May and I felt like I needed a change.  So today, I just changed out the tree to sunflowers and took down the patriotic mantle and just added some sunflowers there too.  That is all I'm doing for now.  The first or second week of September is when I will bring out the rest of the fall decor (Halloween doesn't show up until October 1st).  The older I get, the more I just want to live in the moment.  



After I took the decorations off, I took the tree outside and blew it with the leaf blower to get all the dust off of it. Oh Boy!  It was so dusty!

No fall leaves.  Only sunflowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christmas Decorating: Using What YOU Have and Leaving The FOMO Behind

photo from Decorators Warehouse  I love decorating for Christmas.  You know that.  And usually I'm ok with my decorations.  Could I have...