Monday, November 6, 2023

Weekly Meal Plan: Feeding the Family 11/3/23- 11/09/23

 I'm keeping my fingers crossed that last week as the LAST crazy week for a while.  Things have been a little bit too busy lately.  And by too busy I mean completely crazy.  Too many commitments.  Too much to do.  I need to clone myself, because I can not do it all.  And frankly, I don't want to do it all.  But we made it and all was good.

Last Sunday was our neighborhood Halloween Trick or Treat.  We had a great time seeing all our neighbors and meeting some new ones.  We have 3+ acre lots and while it's not really that far between houses, it's far enough that we mostly wave at each other rather than interact.

Tuesday was the class Halloween party.  I think it went ok.  I have to plan our party with the other 5th grade class.  So that means I can't do everything I'd like to.  Well, I guess I could, but that wouldn't make me a very nice person.  I met with the other room mom and we decided on what to do.  I think the kids had a good time.  They seemed to have fun.



Then of course Tuesday was actual Halloween.  M wanted to go to my parents parents neighborhood to Trick or Treat since we did ours on Sunday.  My parents get 300-350 Trick or Treators every year.  It's quite the event.  Little M had a great time with his cousins.



And that night was bitter cold.  And it snowed.  I swear we went from fall to winter in one day.  Luckily for us, it's back in the 60's this week.  Y'all.  I'm not ready.



This weeks meal plan is trying to incorporate   Weight Watchers principles with Mediterranean diet principles.  This is a work in process.



Friday: Pasta e Fagioli with crusty bread



Saturday: Slow Cooker Chicken Enchiladas (from Skinny Taste)



Sunday:  Honey Mustard Pork Chops with oven roasted sweet potatoes and broccoli




Monday:  Oven roasted chicken thighs with potatoes and broccoli

Tuesday:  Tacos with beans and rice

Wednesday:  Chicken with rice and tomatoes (WW recipe)

Thursday:  Clean up for turkey meatloaves 

It's November now.  You know I'm working on Christmas.  No decorating yet, but I'm getting in the mood. I started shopping last week (on line and in person) and I have one child completely done, one child almost done, one child has yet to give me a list so he may just get money, the hubby is close to done, my parents are done, nieces/nephews are getting cash because why pay an extra fee for Visa gift cards, and I have ideas for everyone else.  

I say this every year.  But guys....this year I mean it.  I will enjoy the Advent season.  I'm going into my 54th year.  I don't have all that many years left (maybe another 50 😜).  I already have goals for the new year and one of those is taking my life back.  I'm taking control, instead of letting things control me.  I'm too old for this.  




Have a blessed week.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Christmas Decorating: Using What YOU Have and Leaving The FOMO Behind

photo from Decorators Warehouse  I love decorating for Christmas.  You know that.  And usually I'm ok with my decorations.  Could I have...