Sunday, March 27, 2022

Weekly Meal Plan 3/25 to 3/31: Feeding The Family

 I tried to update the last meal plan with photos, but some I accidently deleted and one day, I completely forgot what I cooked.  The two-week meal plan didn't really make things easier or save me any money.  The only bonus there was that I had more food on hand and could switch up my meal plan when I needed to, and I seemed to need to quite often the last 2 weeks.  

The oldest was home from college, so I tried to stay off the computer and just enjoy his company.  He leaves for school again tomorrow.  I know he'll be home again in a few months, but I will miss him.

This week I'm going back to a one-week meal plan as that is the system that seems to work best for me.



Friday:  Pierogi, Hot Dogs, and left-over Clam Chowder (the Pierogi were from a Ukranian church in our area and were for a fundraiser organized by the high school to benefit the people of Ukraine.  They raised over $22,000 for Ukraine). Today is the Solemnity of Annunciation which makes it a "meat" Friday, even during Lent.





Saturday:  Tacos

These are blue corn taco shells.  I didn't burn them.



Sunday:  gf pasta with chicken Italian sausage and mushrooms, rolls

Jovial foods gluten free pasta



Monday:  gf Mac N Cheese and veg (meatless Monday)



Tuesday:  BBQ Chicken Salad, rolls (pg 177 of The Food Nanny Saves Dinner...Again cookbook)

I made homemade ranch because my egg allergic son can't eat prepackaged ranch.  I just used sour cream, ranch seasoning, and thinned with milk.



Wednesday:  Tamale Casserole, rolls, salad (pg 71 of the same cookbook)  I ran out of butter (shame on me) so I had to regroup and I made Mongolian Beef bowls, but I only had 1.33 pounds of beef which wasn't going to feed everyone so I mixed the beef in with rice and veggies.



Thursday:  Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup





Have a blessed week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christmas Decorating: Using What YOU Have and Leaving The FOMO Behind

photo from Decorators Warehouse  I love decorating for Christmas.  You know that.  And usually I'm ok with my decorations.  Could I have...