Monday, March 14, 2022

Weekly Meal Plan 3/11/22 to 3/24/22: Feeding the Family

 I tried something new this week.  I did a 2-week meal plan vs a 1 week.  I was hoping to save money, but I'm not sure that is going to be the case.  I guess the good news is that it cuts down on my meal prep time. The bad news is that my family eats too much and I'm not sure I'm saving time and money.  But we shall see.




Friday:  Slow Cooker Tomato Basil Soup  and grilled cheese (on Aldi Sourdough Bread... so good!  GF flat bread grilled cheese for J)


Saturday:  General Tso's Chicken from Skinny Taste.  I modified this for our family and our food allergies.  I left out the egg and made sure the soy sauce and hoisin sauce were gluten free.  J has never had Chinese takeout, so I really wanted to do something special.  I also used jasmine rice, because my guys are not a fan of cauli rice.







Monday:  Baked Salmon, Garlic Roasted Potatoes, and Green Beans





Tuesday:  Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos




Wednesday:  Hamburgers on the grill, Vegetables  Clam Chowder 




Thursday:  Slow Cooker Corned Beef, Sauteed Cabbage, Potatoes




Friday:  St Patrick Irish Cheddar Soup, baked fish, and rolls

Saturday:  Eating Out (It's a surprise for the kids)   We were going to eat out, but we called the restaurant that we had eaten at last time we were downtown (pre-Covid) and they can no longer cook for food allergies.  No problem.  We had burgers on the grill before we headed out to the Cavs game.

Sunday:  Easy White Wine Sunday Chicken (from The Food Nanny Rescues Dinner...Again cookbook.  I want to buy these books, but I can't find them reasonably priced, so I got this one from the library), Vegetable, Salad

Monday:  Old School Hamburger Stew (Same Food Nanny cookbook)



Tuesday:  Chicken Parm, vegetable, salad




Wednesday:  Clam Chowder, salad, rolls  😂 I can't remember 

Thursday:  Tamale Casserole (from the Food Nanny)  Chick Fil A takeout.

The second week, I'm making several recipes from the Food Nanny cookbook because I just got it from the library (after a 2 month wait list).  I will try and come back and post "after" photos of all the meals I make.  The oldest will be home from college for spring break so I'm trying to make filling, comfort food.  

I really want to get our grocery prices down, but I spent $291 at Aldi last week and I HAVE NEVER spent that much at Aldi...not even at Christmas time.  Prices have skyrocketed and I'm trying to work with that.  I know that if you are reading this, you are in the same boat.  All we can do it try to feed our families the best we can, within our budgets.  

Have a blessed and wonderful week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christmas Decorating: Using What YOU Have and Leaving The FOMO Behind

photo from Decorators Warehouse  I love decorating for Christmas.  You know that.  And usually I'm ok with my decorations.  Could I have...