Monday, September 26, 2022

Menu Plan 9/23 to 9/29: Feeding the Family






I did another Aldi pick up this week via Instacart.  I thought it went really well until I realized that they charged me for the chicken I ordered, but that I didn't actually receive it.  That was such a bummer.  They immediately gave me a credit on my next order, but I still have to go out and get the chicken.  Not that big of a deal but I thought I was completely organized and I'm not.  

This is the last week of football practices.  I'm super excited about that.  But it's the final tryouts for basketball this week.  I think we get a week or two off before basketball starts.  At least there's that.  

Next week the oldest will be home from college for the weekend.  He has a weightlifting competition.  He will get to choose next weekend's dinner.  

This week's menu:

Friday:  Bow Tie Pasta with Asparagus and Fish Sticks.  I know, fish sticks. But sometimes mama needs a little help and a short cut.  




Saturday:  Pizza Night:  I'm making the Little Italy Pizza and the Fresh Ricotta Pizza from The Food Nanny Rescues Dinner Again





Sunday:  BBQ Chicken Dinner from the Sisters of Notre Dame.  It's a fund raiser for the Sisters so we will pick up our dinners for takeout after football.  I also ordered an apple pie for Thanksgiving.


Monday:  Sausage and Veggie bake.  I have so many veggies and peppers from the garden, I'm trying to use up as many as I can.

Tuesday:  Mexican Chicken and rice (again, this recipe is from The Food Nanny Rescues Dinner Again cookbook)

Wednesday:  Slow Cooker Pesto Ranch Chicken Thighs, rice, and vegetables: Recipe from picky-palate.com

Thursday:  Clean up day or sausage and veggie packets







No comments:

Post a Comment

Christmas Decorating: Using What YOU Have and Leaving The FOMO Behind

photo from Decorators Warehouse  I love decorating for Christmas.  You know that.  And usually I'm ok with my decorations.  Could I have...