Monday, March 29, 2021

Menu Plan Monday 3-29-21 - Holy Week 2021

 Another week is upon us, and another month is passing by.  Soon it will April and Easter will be upon us.  We are also starting the baseball season.  While practices have been going on for a while, the Little Guys have been consistent, but the Middle guys high school schedule is like a moving target.  And we don't get the schedule for the week until Sunday afternoon.  It's been making dinner and meal planning difficult and I had to switch things around last week to make it work.  And it didn't always work and one night I had to do take out pizza.  Now I love take out pizza but not when I didn't actually plan for it.  I put together a freezer meal plan and I spent all morning and early afternoon after church yesterday, getting some quick and easy freezer meals together so we can avoid take out pizza in the future (unless we plan on it!).  I will put together a separate post this week on that.  But below is this weeks menu:

Friday:  Homemade French fries and fish sticks (salmon for those with food allergies):  Meatless Friday
I used this recipe for the fries from Abby Thome and Heinen's



Saturday:  Skillet sausage, peppers, and onions and instead of the kielbasa, I used fresh Italian sausage.



Sunday:  Grilled boneless chicken breast, sautéed shiitake mushrooms, and baked potato



Monday:  Loaded slow cooker potato soup from Made It. Ate It. Loved It.

Tuesday:  Venison tacos

Wednesday:  Hamburger Steak, veggie, and salad

Thursday:  I was going to make this "clean up day" but we really haven't had much to clean up lately.  Since it's Holy Thursday, I would like to do something special but I'm not sure exactly what, so Thursday's meal is a work in progress.

I do know that Good Friday is a day of strict fast and abstinence.  So Friday's meal will be 

Spanakorizo for all and I will add fish for the kids.

Have a blessed Holy Week and a very Happy Easter!!

For more menu planning ideas, visit Orgjunkie.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christmas Decorating: Using What YOU Have and Leaving The FOMO Behind

photo from Decorators Warehouse  I love decorating for Christmas.  You know that.  And usually I'm ok with my decorations.  Could I have...