Monday, March 8, 2021

Menu Plan Monday 3/08/2021

 Happy Monday!!  It's sunny here today and we are supposed to get a few days in the 60's.  I'm so ready for Winter to be over.  I know winter isn't gone for good yet, but it's nice to see an end in sight.

I've been shopping at Aldi's the past few weeks trying to save money.  I've also been going to our local butcher for lunch meat and a few extras.  I do see some savings, but I still need to do better.  I'll be working on that over the next few weeks.

Menu for the week of 3/5-3/11:




Friday:  Egg and cheese sandwiches (like an egg McMuffin but homemade), boxed gluten free Mac and Cheese, and fruit. (meatless Friday)

Saturday:  Hamburgers and Hot Dogs on the grill: potato chips as a side dish 

Sunday:  Cowboy Grub This is from the Trim Healthy Mama cook book (pg 59)




Monday:  Gluten Free stuffed shells (I made a double batch for Christmas Eve and these were in the freezer); salad; Italian bread (meatless Monday)

Tuesday:  Chicken Tacos:  I don't really have a recipe for these. I usually make them in the slow cooker, but I'm going to make them in the Instapot tomorrow.  I'm basically going to make shredded chicken in the Instapot and I'll be making enough for Wednesday's dinner too.  I'll separate Tuesday and Wednesday's chicken and add taco sauce to Tuesday portion.  I have corn tortillas that I need to use so I am going to fry those on the stove, add the chicken and all the toppings and serve.

Wednesday:  Chicken Fried Double Rice (brown rice and cauli rice mixed).  Again, this recipe is from the Trim Healthy Mama cook book.

Thursday: Clean up day


I also made a veggie and cheese frittata for breakfast this week



Trim Healthy Mama Trim Train Taco Soup for lunches.  The hubby will add a sandwich to his lunch and I'll have a salad.




And I made all the rice for last nights dinner, to go with Taco Tuesday, and for Wednesdays Chicken Fried Double Rice.



So that's our week of food.  I hope you have a wonderful and blessed week ahead!

Visit Orgjunkie.com for more menu planning ideas or to join in on MPM.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christmas Decorating: Using What YOU Have and Leaving The FOMO Behind

photo from Decorators Warehouse  I love decorating for Christmas.  You know that.  And usually I'm ok with my decorations.  Could I have...