Monday, January 30, 2023

Menu Plan 1/27/23 to 2/2/23: Feeding the Family

 

This week I had a Walmart pick up scheduled for the groceries.  I love me a Walmart pickup.  I love ordering my things online and just showing up and having it put in my car.  It's easy and convenient.  Until it isn't.  I scheduled my pick up for 8-9 am Friday morning. This would be after school drop off.  Well, Thursday morning, it started snowing.  And it just didn't stop.  The Walmart that I used was close to the school, but not close to our house (our Walmart is 40 minutes round trip from our house.  The school Walmart is 45-50 minutes from our house and smack dab in the heart of snow belt).  Since I was worried about school getting cancelled, I cancelled my pick up Thursday afternoon.  The road Thursday night were TERRIBLE. I thought for sure that school would be cancelled.  But the roads were fine Friday morning.  So I cancelled for nothing.  But better to safe, than sorry.  So I shopped at my favorite local grocery store instead.  The prices are not as good.  But it's 5 minutes from the house, and the food is such great quality.  So I saved no money this week, but we have delicious, healthy food and I didn't have to stress about school possibly getting cancelled.  I put streaks on this weeks menu, and I normally don't do that because of how expensive they are.  But we eat so much chicken, that I thought the guys could use something a little different.  And the big boys aren't here, otherwise steaks only happen for special occasions. 


This weeks menu:



Friday:  Baked Salmon and Slow Cooker Lentil Soup




Saturday:  Lemon Chicken with Capers, Brussel Sprouts




Sunday:  Steak, Baked Potato, and Salad



Monday: Cheeseburgers and Veggies



Tuesday:  Chicken Tacos/Chicken Tacos



Wednesday:  Pizza Soup



Thursday:  Clean Up Day Rice and Beans with Chicken Breast (we didn't have leftovers)





Have a blessed week ahead!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christmas Decorating: Using What YOU Have and Leaving The FOMO Behind

photo from Decorators Warehouse  I love decorating for Christmas.  You know that.  And usually I'm ok with my decorations.  Could I have...