Sunday, January 1, 2023

New Year: A Time To Regroup



 I'm not making resolutions this year.  I'm making plans.


Plans to eat healthier and exercise more

Plans to get organized

Plans to try new things

Plans to pray more

Plans to stress less

These are the same plans I make every day.  I want to be a better wife, mother, sister, daughter, friend.  I don't always succeed in my plans every day.  But I try.  I make the effort.  No one is perfect, and no matter how many plans I make, no matter what I do, I never will be either.  And that is OK.  But each day, I wake up trying to the best me I can be that day.  And that is my main PLAN for 2023.  Be the best me that I can be that day.  


I'm 53 this year.  And I'm tired of mentally flogging myself daily for not eating the right things, not praying enough, not moving enough, not being enough.  


All I can do is be the best me I can be for that particular day.  


So I have plans.  Plans to be better and do better.  Plans to love more and hold less grudges.  Plans to pray more and be more thankful for what I have. Plans to buy less and save more.  And I am working on these plans, one day at a time with God's help.


Wishing you a blessed and healthy 2023.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christmas Decorating: Using What YOU Have and Leaving The FOMO Behind

photo from Decorators Warehouse  I love decorating for Christmas.  You know that.  And usually I'm ok with my decorations.  Could I have...