Monday, March 27, 2023

Meal Plan 3/24/23 to 3/30/23: Feeding the Family

 Hi Friends!  What a week!  The big boys came home from college and it was such a blessing to have them here.  I'm a lucky mama.  They had a nice spring break.  No, we didn't go anywhere or do much, but we spent time together and they both worked to make some extra money.  They left for school again today, and they are safely there and getting back into school mode. I sort of have a menu for this week.  Kind of. I did a grocery shopping experiment that I will share with you in another post and I went to two salvage stores not far from our house, so I wasn't really sure what I was going to get.  I also went to Aldi (and forgot to buy a pork butt that was going to feed us for two days) and Giant Eagle (which was not my usual Giant Eagle and they did not have the sale items that I anticipated).  But all is well.  We have food and we will eat.

I also have another Meal Train meal with week.  I noticed that since the family went from one meal per week, to two meals per week, the sign ups were not being taken.  Since feeding people is my love language, I've signed up for as many as I can.  During the week of Lent and the week after Easter, I had to skip (the doggie is having surgery and I can't just leave her alone), but after that we are back on track to bless this family with food (and least I hope they feel blessed.  I'm always worried that other families won't like my cooking - lol). 

This weeks menu:



Friday:  Baked Cod and Mrs. T's pierogi (tater tots for the child with a wheat allergy)



Saturday:  Take Out Pizza from our favorite pizza restaurant (to celebrate the boys last night home)



Sunday:  Slow Cooker Beef Stew



Monday: (meatless Monday) Fish, Jacket Potatoes, and Veg (since I don't eat fish, I will have eggs or grilled cheese)

Tuesday:  Pork Chops, Potatoes, and corn

Wednesday:  Hamburger Steak, Asparagus, and Rice

Thursday:  Baked Chicken, Rice, and Veg (Meal Train Meal:  Baked Chicken, Rice, and Veg)

I feel like Mrs. T's has saved my butt this Lent.  They are on sale during Lent, we love them, and they are filling.  My mom and I used to make homemade pierogi, but when I had a child that was anaphylactic to wheat, we stopped.  I'd love to start again, but we need to get her healthy and get her cancer under control.  We are Polish ladies, and we love a homemade pierogi. Please say a prayer for my mama.

We planned on take out pizza on Saturday evening, and it worked out for the best.  We had a crazy wind storm here, and we were out of power.  Luckily the pizza restaurant didn't lose power.  They have safe Gluten Free pizza for my son and he was so looking forward to it.  Power was out Saturday from 2 pm to 3 am Sunday morning.  They gave us 3/27 at noon to get our power back but it did come back early.  Then today they called to tell me that it wouldn't be on again until 3/28 at 4 pm.  Even though our power was back, I was nervous that they might shut us down to get other people back up again.  I did ALL THE LAUNDRY today.  We are ready, but I think we will be ok.  Even our church had no power today.  It was chilly, but I'm so thankful we had mass.



I hope you have a blessed week ahead.  And if you are in an area that is having bad weather, please know that you are in my prayers.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Christmas Decorating: Using What YOU Have and Leaving The FOMO Behind

photo from Decorators Warehouse  I love decorating for Christmas.  You know that.  And usually I'm ok with my decorations.  Could I have...