Monday, February 28, 2022

Weekly Meal Plan 2/25/22 to 3/3/22: Feeding the Family

 



Lent starts this week!  I'm actually very excited to start Lent.  I'll do a whole other post on what I'm doing this year.  It's actually quite scaled down.  I usually try to do too much, and I end up failing at most of it.  I'm getting wiser in my old age (lol).  This week is going to be incredibly busy too so the meal plan is a must for these people to eat.  One thing we all decided on, as a family, is that we will have two meatless days (and the Middle Son wants to do to one or both of those dairy free also.  We'll see...).

Friday:  Slow Cooker Baked Potato Soup  This is the same one I make all the time.  It's a family favorite.  Because it was Friday, I did not include the bacon; rolls

Saturday:  Naan Bread Pizzas:  These are so easy, and everyone loves them.  I just purchase the naan bread and top it like I would a regular pizza crust.  This week we had red sauce with mozzarella cheese, and pepperoni, and a white pizza with olive oil, garlic, green pepper, onion, mushroom, and topped with mozzarella cheese.  I made a gluten free Dr. Schar pizza shell topped with pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese, and pepperoni for the Middle Son.




Sunday:  Oven Roasted Turkey Breast, Mashed Potatoes, and oven Roasted Asparagus:  I rubbed the turkey breast down with olive oil and sprinkled it with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and poultry seasoning.  Then I baked it in the oven at 400 until the internal temperature was 180 degrees F (about an hour and half).  It was like a mini Thanksgiving dinner.


I'm not a big turkey eater, so I added a salad to my plate.



Monday:  Lasagna (using GF lasagna noodles), salad, rolls

Tuesday:  Shrove Tuesday:  Pancakes, sausage, and hash browns.

Wednesday:  Ash Wednesday:  Spanakorizo and baked cod for the guys, rolls

Thursday:   Clean up or Poor Man's Meal


I didn't make anything extra this week for lunch or breakfast.  We still have quite a few egg sandwiches in the freezer, and we have a lot of leftovers, and we can have those for lunches. 

I did cut up a bunch of fruit to have with breakfast or as a snack.  We have a few containers of honey dew melon and pineapple.  




I hope you have a wonderful and blessed week.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christmas Decorating: Using What YOU Have and Leaving The FOMO Behind

photo from Decorators Warehouse  I love decorating for Christmas.  You know that.  And usually I'm ok with my decorations.  Could I have...